This colourful, crunchy, tangy and nutritious recipe is a favourite in my house. It can be served room temperature or cold (which I prefer) and as a stand alone dish or as a salad. And…this dish is better the second or third day because all of the flavours infusing together.
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Yields: 8 Regular cups
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 3 whole eggs (if you use egg whites, use 2 cups or you could do a blend of the egg whites and whole eggs)
- 1 cup Cauliflower, diced
- 1 cup Bell peppers (yellow and red), diced
- 1/2 cup Enoki mushroom, diced
- 1/c cup Scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar
- 1 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper, ground (I only used ground pepper. It doesn’t need any salt but use it if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs until blended.
- Stir in all other ingredients. (Veggies, cheese, quinoa and spices).
- Spray muffin tin with healthy, non-stick cooking spray. (I use a soy one).
- Scoop quinoa omelette mixture into muffin tins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
1 c cucumber, peeled & diced
1/4 c green onions, sliced, white part only
1 c red bell pepper, diced
1 c orange bell pepper, diced
3 c water
11/2 c of Quinoa, rinsed
1/4 c lemon juice, (2 freshly squeezed lemons)
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c of jalapeno peppers, sliced & diced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil